Dubai Police Academy hosts Ripe Market New Season 2020-2021
Dubai--Dubai’s favourite family-friendly community market is making a comeback for the winter season, and that means two things: al fresco fun and delicious food. Located under the lush green palms of Academy Park, what better way to spend your Friday & Saturday morning than picking fresh, organic, local fruits and veggies.
The Ripe Market and Farmers Market ME have joined forces, where we will be hosting a number of farmers each week to bring a new and exciting season of local and organic goodness. As some of our crops are still harvesting you can expect to find a full season of fresh produce in our coming weeks. From seasonal organic fruit and vegetables to freshly baked bread, preserves and vegan treats, fresh juices and meat there is a tasty treat for everyone. Guests can take their taste buds on a journey of local produce paradise.
Customers will have the chance to source organic and fresh produce and directly interact with locally based farmers and listen to their passionate stories they have to tell.
We are all about bringing the community together to support home grown businesses and that’s what makes The Ripe Market unique and loved by the community.
From the 16th October 2020 – 1st May 2021, The Ripe Market at the Academy Park, Umm Suqeim Road in partnership with Dubai Police. With a passion for all things local, Ripe is proud to announce more ways the community can support local SME businesses in partnership with Dubai Police.
Ripe Market will take place at its home in the Academy Park, Umm Sequim, every Friday, 9am – 7pm and every Saturday, 10am – 7pm.
The Ripe Market and everyone taking part or visiting will be adhering to COVID-19 health and safety measures ensuring a safe environment for the community.
Our location has been purpose built for Dubai’s favourite community event and our partnership with the Dubai Police ensures continuous support towards the SME community.
Below is this seasons highlights coming up during the new outdoor season:
• This season we will have a dedicated area for a Local Farmers Market. We are partnering with Farmer’s Market ME and we will be hosting 16 of our favourite farmers each week to sell their locally grown produce, there will be organic, non-organic, hydroponic, and more. At unbeatable prices, freshest produce in town and all grown with passion, every farmer has a lovely story to tell, which we are proud to shout about.
• Food Retail will be expanding this season and the Ripe Market will be the place to come to shop for your locally made artisan produce. From Meat, Bread, Milk, Olives, Olive Oil, Fresh Labneh and more this season you will not resist tasting your way around the Ripe Market every weekend.
• Our central walkway will be full of talented merchant & makers during our Ripe Market each weekend. A great place for the community to explore & discover amazing makers and merchants with their selection of local businesses selling everything from organic skincare, handcrafted leather bags, handmade jewellery, unique fashion, art and loads more!
• We are excited to partner up with Emirates Equestrian Centre! They are bringing their expertise and opening a riding school at the Ripe Market, Academy Park. The littles ones will certainly love the pony rides!
• The Dubai Police will have a full program of activities throughout the season including, Pony Rides, Marching Band, Supercar Show, Community talks, Safety Demonstrations and Mascot Mansour will be around to entertain the children.
• We have expanded our Sports Academy with Just Play and will be offering two more football pitches, paddle tennis courts, basketball courts, all operating 7 days a week and hosting an arrange of sports and fitness classes.
• TikTok are back in town - As our official partner! Enter the RipeMarket TikTok Challenge to stand a chance to win some amazing goodies! Scan the QR code and follow the instructions.
• Have your own foodie adventure & explore even more Park Café concepts at the Ripe Market! Discover unique and tasty concepts like Boston Lane, The Burger Stop, The Sweetie Shop, Pizza di Rocco, Dickey’s BBQ Pit, Kitch & Co, Konz Republik, La Patrona, The Roost, Broth Lab, Semisweet, Abu Ahmed Express, Projecto Acai, Flora, and Dabang! Visitors can dine in the park and take advantage of the park surroundings, the free play park or the activities taking place inside.
• Live Music sessions including Open Mic nights will be taking place throughout the season in partnership with Dubai Music.
• Fulfil all your indoor and outdoor plant needs at the Exotic Plant Souq with their affordable plants & pots. You never need to drive to Warsan again and you will find them there 7 days a week.
• Kids get a chance to explore Animal Care Centre’s Mini Animal Kingdom with locally rescued animals. They also have an array of workshops and activities for the little ones during the weekend.
• Keep it fit & healthy with Free Yoga Classes every weekend from awesome yogis.
• There will be a range of arts & crafts activities for kids. Let them safely dive in and explore their creative side with painting, slime making, face painting, sand art and many more.
Ripe Market Open every Weekend – Friday (9am-7pm) & Saturday (10am-7pm)
Academy Park Open 7 days a week (8am-11pm)